Sunday, April 03, 2005

Somebody Told Me

Brandon Flowers, the singer for The Killers, thinks musicians who play in different kinds of band (ska, pop, etc) are phonies.
"I've heard rumours about [members of] that band (The Bravery) being in a different kind of band, and how do you defend that? If you say, 'My heart really belongs to what I'm doing now,' but you used to be in a ska band."

The thing is though that The Killers' drummer, Ronnie Vannucci, was the former drummer for the Las Vegas ska band Attaboy Skip. This makes Mr. Flowers' statement not only stupid, but also somewhat hypocritical.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phonies?... because you're not so narrow-minded as to have more than ONE interest in a particular style of music?

That's the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.

And I have found the opposite to be true amongst most professional musicians.